JD Consultancy choose families that are approved and appointed, following a rigorous safer recruitment process, undertaken by our organisation, to provide accommodation for, and care of a student, generally for a period of one to seven days at weekends, exeats, half-terms or the beginning or end of a term.
We visit the families in their home and check their professional and personal references. We will also run a background check on families to ensure that your child is secured and cared for.
Homestay family responsibilities
- Have an understanding of the needs of overseas students in the UK.
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to the student.
- Provide a clean, well lit room for each student with all the necessities: sufficient heating, ventilation, natural light, storage for clothes, a desk, bed linen and towels, blanket and duvet, Wi-Fi etc.)
- Understand the student's culture and religion.
- Provide minimum of 3 meals per day, each meal should be a balanced and appropriate diet.
- Make sure there is at least one trustful adult staying with the student on the premise.
- The student cannot be alone according to JD safety policy.
- To allow access to all communal areas of the home.
- To treat the student as a member of the family rather than a paying guest.
- To encourage the student to speak English as much as possible in the home.
- Homestay family must ensure that all gas appliances comply with the gas safety regulations.
- Homestay family must have smoke detectors fitted on the premises and are checked regularly.
- Homestay family must have home insurance.
- Homestay family must have car insurance if he/she drives.