Why do I need an educational guardian?

Boarding schools in the UK require all students whose families live overseas to have a Guardian resident in the UK, aged over 25 years and not in full-time education. A guardian takes important responsibilities related to emergency medical treatment, legal matters and other welfare issues such as accommodation. Responsibilities of a guardian go beyond just essential basic services. Emotional support for the child who is separated from his/her parents must be provided. JD Consultancy will stand in for parents and undertake regular school visits, discuss progress with teachers and provide the support and motivation to the student.
An application for a VISA to study in the UK (Tier 4 Child Visa) will also require you to provide a named adult, resident in the UK, who can look after your child when the school is closed. JD Consultancy will provide the appropriate letter to support your Visa application.

Who will collect my child from school or airport?

Students arriving in the UK for the first time may feel extremely tired after the flight and nervous about starting this new stage of their lives in a new country. JD Team fully understands their concerns and, if requested, a member of our staff will meet students at the airport to welcome and reassure them.
Alternatively, a fully qualified DBS checked driver working with JD will be available to drive students to and from the places of your choice. Schools also run a coach service to and from school or airport.

How do you organize travel for unaccompanied?

We are able to organise airport transfer for unaccompanied minors in accordance with airline requirements. The driver's details (including ID number, Name and contact number) will be provided in advance for pick-ups. The driver will help the child check in and will stay at the airport until the flight departs.

Can I tailor my guardian service?

We are very flexible and can offer various combinations of guardian service. – just ask!